The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires the disclosure of any relationship that exists between one who endorses a product and the manufacturer or service provider of the product when writing a review about the product or service. The following are the guidelines that SafeDietPlans.com adheres to:
- We at SafeDietPlans.com are not paid to perform reviews on any products contained within this website.
- We at SafeDietPlans.com only review products that we have personally used or researched, and we only feature reviews for the products that we believe to be the best in their class.
- If there are links to a product in any of the reviews, a commission may be paid to us if you purchase the product.
- We will never write a review on a manufacturer’s product, nor will we promote a product, if we believe the product will not be beneficial to you.
- Any commissions received as a result of SafeDietPlans.com promotional efforts will not impact opinions on a product.
- Whether from research or actual use of the product, if a product proves to be a benefit to the end user – we will promote it. If it does not prove to be of benefit, we will not offer it.
The Federal Trade Commission considers it important for the consumer to understand the relationship between the product reviewer and the manufacturer of the product. Hence, they have made this disclosure statement a requirement by law.
Therefore, if you do not see a disclosure policy as part of a review of a product, the one who is reviewing the product may be in violation of the law.